1. Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Do you see the progression? Walking to standing to sitting. We should be desiring a relationship that is in forward movement with the Lord, but how often do we get sidetracked? We start seeking guidance from those who don't know the Lord, then start hanging out with them, then we just sit right on down with them. Do you see who gets blessed here?
2. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Delight. What do you delight in? Sports, food, friends, family? Christians need to be delighting in the law of the LORD all the time.
3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Trees planted by a water source have deep roots, are prosperous, and bring forth fruit. The believer, who delights in the law of the LORD, is like that tree. He gets his power from the water source that never runs dry. He brings forth fruit (new believers). His strength remains strong because it comes from God, not himself. His life is prosperous (remember, God owns everything).
4. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
The lost are like the chaff that is blown about in every which way. Have you noticed that those who do not know the Lord live a life that has no direction. In fact, they are trying to go in many directions at once. They get frustrated. They give up.
5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
Judgment is something everyone will face. The believer will gain entrance into Heaven. They will be acquitted of their sins. The lost will not be acquitted. They will not be a part of the righteous congregation.
6. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
God knows the way of every single person. How often do we stop to think about that? The believer will spend eternity in Heaven with God. The person that chooses not to believe will be forever separated from God in the torment Hell.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
The Love of my Life
- Has given me everything
- Understands what I'm going through
- Knows my weaknesses and strengths
- Longs for a deeper relationship
- Sets me up for success
- Always forgives me when I fall short
- Knows my needs before I do and supplies them
- Desires an open line of communication
- Comforts me in time of sorrow
- Rejoices with me in times of triumph
- Encourages me to do the right thing
- Lovingly corrects me when I choose to do something I ought not to do
- Never strays from the narrow path
- Is righteous in thoughts, actions, and judgments
- Will always be there for me
This love of my life is Jesus Christ