Monday, September 12, 2005

The race is on!

I participated in a 5K race a week ago. How did I do? I finished! Check ou this site: http://www.doitsports.com/newresults3/gruplus-search.tcl?event_id=11645&sub_event_id=36473&event_name=Blueberry+Stomp&public_name=5K&historic_event_date=2005%2d09%2d05&event_year=2005&chiptime_p=t&chipown_p=t&country_p=f&class_p=t&event_p=t
and type in either my name or bib # 168. Then you can view my results. I DID NOT enter this race to win anything, but to do it to say "I ran a 5K race at least once in my life."

I start teaching tomorrow. Am I shaking in my boots yet. That would still be a "nope". Maybe at noon tomorrow...

On to interesting kids news:
One of our students has been writing another name on his paper and when he was asked about it, he said his dad changed it a couple of days ago (he didn't, but it is a joke in their house and the boy really believes it!)

Fill in the blank....
There are a couple of boys who do not really like each other in the classroom and one of the papers I graded had a fill in the blank (______ fell into the mud). Can you guess what was inserted in that blank by one of the boys?

This is going to be an interesting year for sure...

No comments: