Sunday, November 12, 2006

An update

Well, things are still busy here. I made it through my first ever PTF as a teacher. It went well. Grades 1-3 did the program and it was very cute. We decided on a thankfulness theme and I chose the area of school. My kids worked on a cute and humorous poem entitled "What I found in my Desk." I had it narrowed down to two poems and I let my kids vote on which one they wanted to do for their parents. I had one my students come up and say a few sentences on why we are thankful for school then the kids presented their poem. I hear many folks liked it.
Then I met with a few parents in the classroom (for some, this was the first time they had even been in the classroom). Right now, I have the owl art projects hanging from the ceiling (I appreciate tall high school students!). The kids enjoy seeing their work hang anywhere (I have some work on the classroom wall and in the hallway as well).
The teachers went to an ODACS Teachers' Convention in Charlottesville, VA. I really enjoyed it. All of the workshops I attended were very interesting. I especially liked the science one. All of the workshops I went to count for CEU (Continuing Education Units) for my certification renewal. I think I need to renew in 2 years, but I have to have so many credits. The six workshops come to 6/10 of a CEU credit. They will add up over time. I just don't want to be waiting til the last minute to get them in. I think i will be taking some extension courses through VBC (Virginia Baptist College) this summer.
I am spending Thanksgiving with another new family. They know some people I met at college. I was also invited over to my Sunday School teacher's house by his wife. They asked the day after I already told the other family I'd join them.
Our next Sunday School fellowship is in the works. We might go hunting! There are only 4 students in the class (2 guys, 2 girls) and I'm up for hunting. We'd have to go on a Saturday since I teach on weekdays. I know, I'm not the typical girl. The looks on some faces when I said I'd go hunting were classic!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Wow! Have fun hunting and be sure to tell us all about your experiences!! :)