Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hello!

I know this is long overdue and I'm sorry about that. I thought it would be easier to update, but now I know realize that I am pretty busy! School is going well. I know that this is my "learning year", and I have been in a state of review with different things. I can see some errors I made and areas in which I can improve upon for next year and years to come.

I can't believe its March already! When I student taught, I remember that the small blocks in which I taught, it seemed to take forever, but now, I can't seem to get everything in! I've recently started reading The Boxcar Children to my students and now many of them are checking that series out of the library now. I find it rewarding to see my students step up to a new challenge and get excited about reading. I have seen a few students improve so much and I wonder what it was that I said!

I am still involved in the nursery and special music/choir and I've been going out visiting with Karyn (whom I babysit for once a week). My biggest ministry, though, is to the students I teach. We have a pretty open enrollment, and with that, we do get some students who's families don't even attend church. Please be in prayer for these students. I want to be a good example to them because I want to plant the seed of salvation in their lives as well as challenge those who have already accepted the Lord into their lives.

We are getting ready for our ODACS competition next week. I will helping with the judging of the vocals. This will be my first experience of competitions without being in them myself. I've already heard it will be a long day. We do get the day after off to recoup! :)

I do have another prayer request. I have been without a car since the end of January. Now, I'm not worried about it because I know the Lord will provide where a need is, and people have been helping me out. One of roommates let me borrow her car a number of times and my Sunday School teacher let me borrow one of his family's extra vehicles. He said I could use it as long as I need to. For this I am very thankful.

I will be traveling at the end of April. I'm going to a couple days of Preaching Conference back in Indiana. I'm excited about this! I've already booked my tickets and I'm trying to plan who all I am going to try to spend time with. I do have to take time off from work to go and my boss was kind enough to allow me to take that time off. He did tell me that, at first, he was a bit leery of me and my college. I guess he had not heard of it before. He also told me that I have impressed him and he even asked me if I know of anyone else who's looking for a teaching position. He's not the only one, so I hear. I've been told that I am doing a great job for this being my first year. The funniest thing I've heard so far is that one teacher thought I had a few years under my belt. She thought I was joking when I said this was my first year.

Well, I must be going. I'd love to hear what's going on in your corner of the world. I like being able to keep in touch with friends and loved ones. Hope to hear from you soon!

In His service,
Nicole

4 comments:

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

My brother and I used to POUR over the Boxcar Children books!! LOL!!

Teacherbug said...

So did I! I have always loved to read, so I gobbled these up!

DaCatster said...

I bet you are doing a great job. I am happy for you, but the fleshly side really misses you. I can't wait to see you in April

CindyMae said...

Things seem to be a bit busy for you! I am praying for you and your car issue as well. I pray that your travels in April are safe.