Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm still going to the gym. I like this one much better than Curves. I like the variety. I've been able to go to at least 3 different classes and I'll keep on going if I am able to.

We are finishing up the Virginia State Notebook. I kind of like the project. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed notebooks.

It feels good to have lesson plans already done. There is still a lot to complete, but that's what Saturdays are for, right? I don't think most people realize the HOURS I put in after (or before) school. Just to do a week's worth of lesson plans takes an hour or longer. That doesn't even include the actual preparation for classes. Then there's the grading. That is a never ending cycle. I still have a stack to get through sitting on my desk.

This week I did something that I don't normally do: I let the kids watch a movie. Now, mind you, it was a "sit and waste your mind" type of activity. We just finished our oceanography unit and I had the class watch Finding Nemo. As they watched it, they took notes and named all the sea creatures they saw. They seemed to enjoy that activity. I enjoyed the break the usual schedule and I'm sure they did too.

I know I don't have a huge following (if any, really), but please keep me in prayer. I'm struggling this year.

No comments: