Sunday, March 15, 2009

This past week has been interesting. On Monday, I was able to meet Byron Foxx, founder of Bible Truth Music and rehearse with him with the ensemble. We then sang a BTM piece for the chapel special.

Then, Friday and Saturday was spent in Norfolk attending an Elizabeth George conference. I bought a few of her books and she signed them. Her husband, Jim, was there and he signed one of the books he authored for me. I enjoyed the conference and it left me with some things to think about. The theme of the conference was Following God with All your Heart. One of the hardest things a woman may deal with is her thought life. It's easy to look back and think "what if?" or "if only" and that's not what we are supposed to do. We need to be thinking about what is real and true, not what has happened or what may happen, but what is happening.


(me, Gloria, Claudia, Yolanda, Julia, Lucia, and Melissa
Mrs. Elizabeth George)

She also mentioned a book entitled Faith is not a Feeling by Ney Bailey. The story she shared with us about Ney Bailey was moving.

I did get some sad news on the way to Norfolk: my dorm mom passed away after a fight with cancer. The feeling is bittersweet as I miss her, but I know that she is in Heaven.

I got to do something that I have been wanting to do since I moved to VA: Go to the ocean! Now, the weather was not the best, but we still got up early and went to see it. The rained hadn't started yet for the day, but the wind was blowing and it was cold! But, I did not let that stop me. I still took off my shoes and entered the water. I know that all beaches are basically the same, but this was my very first time to see the ocean. It was incredible!



(awful pic of me, but I am in front of the Atlantic Ocean)

No comments: