Friday, September 08, 2006

Two weeks have already passed for the school year? That's hard to believe. None of these days have seemed to slow down in the least. I have a hard time getting everything in as it is. Today was picture day and my class didn't got to go in until after recess. I hd to get my pic taken for my ID card and the kids thought it was something that I had to get mine taken too.
Some of my students frustrate me to no end while others just melt my heart. Please don't get me wrong, I love all of my students. I want to see them succeed in not only school, but life as well. I have some thinkers in my my class. During Bible class, they were asking questions that not a single person can truly fathom (like God not having a beginning or ending). They were being quite theological.
Teaching is not just something to do to get a paycheck. I have wanted to be a teacher for quite some time. I have 17 students who need to draw close to God, whether in their devotion to Him or to give their lives to Him. This is no small task. Even though many of the children claim to be saved, there may be one who isn't. God has given me the opportunity to plant and possibly sow the seed of salvation in their life. I not only must teach this, but life it as well. I am not perfect, but by the grace of God, I can be used of Him.

No comments: