Thursday, November 22, 2007

Give thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful for and the Lord has been so good to me even when I lack in faith. I am thankful for my salvation and that the Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins. I am thankful for my family and friends and the opportunities I have to fellowship with them. I am thankful that I live next door to the church and can walk to church/work while I don't have a car. I am thankful for that God is using me in His service as a teacher. I am thankful for each of my students.

I was given a few invites for dinner. I accepted two of them this year. In the early afternoon, I went to an older couple's house. I thought that they were going to have all of their kids and family over, but it was just us. I had a wonderful time of fellowship with them and the meal was delicious. I even tried clam dressing. That was interesting. It was nice and relaxing.

Then in the evening, I went to a house that I went to last year. This couple helps out in the hispanic church and invited a number of people over. There were 11 adults and 5 children (all under the age of 5) there. As we were fellowshipping while the food was cooking, we sang some songs. It was really neat to hear hymns being sung in Spanish and English at the same time. After another delicious meal, we all went into the living room to read some verses and sings some more songs. This was done in both languages. After we all read some verses in English, one lady asked if we all could to the same in Spanish. So, I did try to read in Spanish when my turn came. I even tried to sing in Spanish. The whole experience was very interesting and a blessing.

I hope you had a great day.

Psalm 136
1 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Salmos 136
1 Dad gracias al SEÑOR porque El es bueno, porque para siempre es su misericordia.

No comments: