Saturday, December 08, 2007

Reasons for restricted revival

Reasons for restricted revival

As I was reading my Bible one morning, I came a across some sermon notes I took when I was in college. The thought of "revival" is not necessarily for the church alone, but each Christian in their daily life. Revival means to bring back those life-giving qualities to someone (picture someone who has nearly drowned in a pool and are revived). It is very important that a Christian is alive as they serve the Lord.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (King James Version)If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Here are the main points that I have written down in my Bible:

1. Proud
2. Prayerless
3. Blind
4. Wicked

Instead of giving up our sins, we try to protect them. How much better it is to realize the fact that in the Christian's life, he is no more bound by the chains of sin! We are FREE!

No comments: