Monday, January 05, 2009

I just tried to make something I have done before: homemade potato soup. The verdict? DELICIOUS!

I used 5-6 white potatoes, peeled and cubed, covered in enough water for cooking (I drained some and then added chicken broth about half-way through), brought it to a boil then turned it down, covered it, and let it simmer 15-20 minutes. I added lots of different seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic salt (lots of it), garlic powder... Read More, onion powder, Italian seasoning, white pepper, dill weed...that's all I can think of. I just used what was in the house. I put in about 1/3 of a stick of butter. Then I added some milk and flour while on low heat. Since I like cheese in my potato soup, I added some. The only thing is, I had to use some Kraft Singles since I'm out of shredded colby-jack.
I had looked at a couple of recipes to get an idea of what to do, but basically made mine up as I went. :) I had about
5 serving left to freeze.

Now I'm looking forward to making some potato, ham, and 16 bean soup. It'll be another experimental recipe. I'm even going to use the small slow cooker/crock pot my uncle gave me.

No comments: