Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hit the ground running

Summer is over for me. The kids come back to school this Monday. I am thankful that I have 16 students this year. 25 was a bit much. I did have to change rooms (and how is it the teacher with the least amount of students ends up in the largest room?) and everything is basically done. Well, I don't really have much of a choice at this point.

I had a fair share of the usual computer problems during in-service week. I tried not to have any, but they always seem to find me! At first, the problem was with the computer not being updated in quite some time, so I had to spend a day doing that. Then by Friday, when all the paperwork was due, my computer wouldn't open a single file (from the internet, flash drive, or saved on the computer just moments before). Very frustrating. No one knew what to do, either. So, I put on my detective gear and googled the error message. Kind of interesting, but I did figure out what the problem was and was able to fix on my own. I don't know what I'd do without Google! :)

Anyway, this school year is going to be busy. Teach in the morning and attend class or work in the library in the evenings. Babysit some weekends. I'll also be getting three allergy shots every week for the next six months. It looks like there will be no social life for me. Oh, wait. I didn't have to begin with. So, no problems there.

I am excited about participating in a Civil War reenactment in October! A friend of mine is going to make a dress for me. Another thing I am looking forward to is changing Sunday school classes this coming Sunday. I've been in a college and career class for nearly 8 years now (by choice, of course) and it's been great. It's just time for me to move on up.

Well, that's life in a nutshell for me at this point.

1 comment:

CindyMae said...

I am sure that you will have a wonderful school year and that all the kids will adore you! The civil war reenactment sounds like a lot of fun. Hope we get to see some pics of you in the fancy dress!!