Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Up and coming...

I will be going to the class party in just a bit. Actually, I want to go in the classroom while the kids are at chapel and get things on their desks. I know I am going to cry! After spending 4 months getting to know these kids, I am done. There have been some srtuggles and disappointments, but overall, it has been a really good semester.
It's kind of interesting to note that when I began college, I started as a missions major. I knew I wouldn't have to teach if I did that. Funny thing is, I had wanted to be a teacher for a long time (well, an elementary music teacher, to be exact). Then, at the end of my freshman year, I switched my major to El. Ed. Everything was going fine until the day I actually had to teach! I was so scared! Now, I am going to miss it so much! These kids grow on you. I have gotten little notes, cards, presents, apples, and art projects from my 3rd and 4th graders. On their last composition chapter, I cried while reading through them, not because they were moving (compare/contrast cats and dogs), but because I was going to miss them so much and miss reading their papers and teaching them. You get to see their personality came out when they write.
Well, I have half an hour before the party starts and I need to run back to the dorm and get their goody bags that I made up for them and to get the other teachers' gifts and some snack stuff.
*sigh*

1 comment:

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

I saw where you wanted to teach elementry music. Do you play an instrument?
I used to teach beginner piano lessons.