Thursday, June 28, 2007

I've had a pretty good week. Working in the library is nice. It’s a little tedious, but it’s a job. I'm averaging a couple hundred books each week. That's a labeling and shelving. If I work 2 1/2 hours tomorrow, I'll have 20 hours in this week of my allotted 44 for a three week period.

Saturday was fun. I went to the ALA conference in DC with both of my roomies (but I drove to metro in my own vehicle due to having some other plans). There were 1600 vendors there. I did walk through every aisle and got a few freebies, even a book signed to be by the author. It was very interesting.

I left the convention a little bit before my roomies to head to FBT for the video scavenger hunt. I had a great time there. I'm starting to remember some names, but not too many. We separated into teams of 3-4 people and got busy trying to complete our list. The team I was on came in 4th out of 5 groups. We still had a lot fun! :) I really enjoy the fellowship of the FBT group when I go. This was my second time. I'd really like to go to the next activity, but I'll be visiting my family. I wouldn't give that up. I guess the activity is an "Amazing Race" in DC. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm now on their email list so I can get the updates and happenings.

Its been almost a full week since I hurt my back. Still not sure if I pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve. I recently learned about a condition that seems to match what I have. A while ago I went to the doctor about the side pain and the only thing that was said about my x-rays was that my lower back is narrow. I guess the technical jargon is Stenosis. I got that from the current Readers Digest I just got in the mail. I took some Motrin last night and slept the best I have in a few nights. Monday night was just awful. I was close to tears a few times. I don't think it helped any that did 3 1/2 hours of cleaning before I did the library work. I'm thinking about calling the doctor in the morning. I had some weird chest pains earlier as well. They're gone now, but I think I need to go in anyway, but I really am not impressed with my current PCP at the moment.

1 comment:

CindyMae said...

I am glad that the conference and scavange hunt went well. The hunt sounnds like a ton of fun! You are doing great at the library! I am still praying for you and your back. I really hope that you get better soon. As far as the chest pains . . . any weird chest pain needs to be checked out! Take this from a girl whose husband had a heart attack a year and a half ago at the age of 28!! I hope that your pcp gets better or maybe you can switch to a new one . . . if your insuracne does not make a huge deal out of that happeneing like so many do.