Friday, March 17, 2006

Just some thoughts

After four years of being here for college, it's almost hard to think of what I will be doing once I leave. I don't know where God wants me yet. I was told my church back home is in need of some help, but I just don't know. I am praying about it, but then again, Pastor has not even talked to me about it, so....
Also, I have gone through quite a bit of emotional ups and downs while being here. When I first got here, I wanted to leave and never come back. I just didn't like it. It wasn't what I was used to. I also had a lot of growing up to do over the years. It wasn't until the middle of my sophomore year that I finally accepted that this was God's will for my life right now. My, how things changed then! I have truly come to love this place and the people. I have made some great friends (many who not even college students, but regular church members). I have had the opportunity to participate in a number of the different ministries available to serve in. I was in the nursing home ministry, nursery, Spanish ministry (in the nursery...I don't even know enough Spanish to get me trouble...that's what happens when you take German in high school...it doesn't really get used!), subbed on the bus ministry, getting out visiting on a regular basis (I had not gotten too involved...shame on me...while at home before college), Saturday bus visiting (for over a year now), and the Master Clubs children's ministry. I really like Master Clubs. From what I am told, it is kind of like Awanas Clubs or Patch Clubs (I've never even been to any of those). I love being the 1st grade girls club leader. My girls this year are doing a great job in their books (mainly memorizing Scripture, which is excellent and what every Christian ought to be doing). Last night, I was given the responsibility of the Bible story for class time. This is the second time this semester. I had the girls act out (pantomime, actually) the story of Jairus's daughter. I think I had half the class up there. I used to dread getting up in front people, even children, to tell a story or even give a testimony. God is so great when He enables us to do something we know we could not accomplish on our own.
If there was one thing I could have (should have) changed, it would have been to work in a Sunday School class. I was offered the opportunity to do it once at home (as a sub), but I shied away from it, thinking I wouldn't do a good job. I would not have done a good job, but Christ in me would have been able to enable me if I would have given Him the chance. I think I have missed out on a wonderful opportunity to serve Christ in that aspect.
God has done some wonderful things in my life spiritually these last four years and I am very grateful for His love and mercy He has bestowed on my life.

No comments: