Friday, January 11, 2008

Here's an update!


All right, time for an update.

For Christmas, I was able to go to MI and spend time with my family. I helped out at my parents' new home peeling 3 layers of really old wallpaper off the walls. I think I worked on that for at least 8 or 9 hours in 2 days. We did get it finished.

Christmas was very nice. My students and family spoiled me. :)

I think the only thing I did not enjoy was when I had to go in to the ER. My asthma was acting up real bad and, well, I couldn't breathe. My inhaler and nebulizer just wouldn't help me. The only good thing about it is that when you can't breathe, there's not a long wait to be seen. :) I am doing better now.

School has been very busy. We just finished up the second nine weeks of school. My kids did a pretty good job on their tests. We started our state notebook this past week. I'm learning Virginia history as I go. I think it's kind of funny that I'm teaching the history of a state that I'm not from. Well, actually, I don't Michigan state history either. :s My goal is to try to stay a couple days ahead of my class as we do this.

Today was a teacher work day, meaning no school for the kids, but teachers had to be present. I got a lot of work done. I got an email yesterday saying that I needed to write a course description of each class that I teach and make it look like a college course book entry. I teach nearly every class to my students, so that took a little bit of time. Then I had to update my course objectives for the first semester. That wasn't a difficult, but it was time consuming. Most of us didn't know a thing about them in the first place, or what to do with them. Lesson plans for next week were done today as well.

The one daunting task I had was to change my bulletin board. I just don’t like changing them because they take so much work. This month's theme is to match our missions conference: Shine the Light. I had an idea in my head and the final product is better than I thought it'd be. Now, I'm not taking credit for all the work. One of my students was in the building today (her mom is one of the high school teachers) and she came to my room looking to do something. I had her vacuum and then, knowing what an artist she is, I asked her if she wanted to help me with my bulletin board. Of course she did! We first tried using my tracer projector, but we couldn't see it on paper. So, she free-handed the lighthouse and then colored it and cut it out. She did all this as I was doing my lesson plans. The board looks so cute! It's not 100% completed, but all I have left to do is add the words. All of my letters were at home.

I'm enjoying life and I no longer feel as if it is crashing in around me. I let myself get caught up in the cares of this world. I know my treasures are in Heaven, not on earth. Thank you to those who were praying for me or left me an encouraging word. Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Nicholas Z. Cardot said...

I am glad to hear that you had a great vacation time. I am sorry, however, to hear about your asthma attack. That is just horrible. Thank goodness they were able to get you right in and taken care of. God bless you.

The Good Reporters said...

Glad to you hear you had a wonderful vacation. Sorry to hear about your asthma attack.

Angela said...

Wow- the ER trip doesn't sound like fun!! But I'm glad it seems everything else is going well and you are keeping busy... and out of trouble! ;0)