Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mawage…the Sky is Falling!

Mawage…the Sky is Falling!

Well, this proved to be a rather eventful week. ODACS went well and I was able to be present for my students when they had to compete. My judging duties were reasonable and not bad at all. I did miss our teachers' meeting though, because of some miscommunication. My supervisor razzed me all day because of it (my first time missing a meeting this school year). So, I razzed him back. :)

I wanted to enjoy my "recoup" day (we did not have school on Wednesday), but I had to get my car fixed. The radiator sprung a leak. Figures. Bro. Ben (my Sunday school teacher) came by to install a new one for me. I'm very thankful for that.

Thursday was…interesting. My girls had been planning a wedding for Duckellina and Wally (stuffed animals) for nearly a week. If you ever need a wedding planned in a hurry, ask my girls! Lol .They actually wanted it next week, but with the chance of rain, they moved it up to Thursday during recess. I couldn't help but laugh at the situation. One of the girls officiated the wedding and even had a little notebook to read from. She addressed the groom, and then the bride, but the bride seemed a bit gruff in her answers.

Officiator: Duckellina…

Bride: WHAT!

Officiator: Do you take Wally to be your wonderfully wedded husband:

Bride: Yeah, sure, whatever.

These kids are funny!

Another girl was rounding up the "ring barriers," told everyone it was time for the recital (reception), and someone else said braidsmaids. Whew!

The Impressive Clergyman: Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...

[cut to Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik]

The Impressive Clergyman: And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva...

[cut to the trio again]

The Impressive Clergyman: So tweasure your wuv.

Prince Humperdinck: Skip to the end.

The Impressive Clergyman: Have you the wing?

[cut to the trio once more]

The Impressive Clergyman: ...and do you,Pwincess Buwwercup...

Prince Humperdinck: Man and wife. Say man and wife.

The Impressive Clergyman: Man an' wife.

After the 2 1/2 minute wedding, reception, and honeymoon, I went to sit down and continued grading papers. The next thing I knew, WHAM! Something hit the back of my head. I was a little dazed, but realized I had been hit with a decent sized rock. After it ricocheted off of my head, it nearly hit one of my students. All of my kids were playing in front of me and there was no way that they could have done that from their direction. I got up and was the high school PE class on the soccer field. I spoke with the teacher, but none of those boys 'fessed up to what they had done. My head is still tender from that.

Well, now that I have brought up the Princess Bride and Chicken Little, I'm off to bed. :)

2 comments:

Nicholas Z. Cardot said...

The Princess Bride is my all time favorite movie. I love every part of it. Great post.

Teacherbug said...

Thanks. :)