Sunday, September 14, 2008

I finished my research paper! It's a good feeling. I also updated the look of my blog. Whaddya think? :)

My Sunday school class is going through the book of Acts and today there was a parallel shown that I had never considered. Acts 3:1-2
1
Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

2And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;

That lame man is a picture of the condition of the lost man. He can not do anything for himself. That is so true about us before Christ enters the believer's life. There is nothing a lost person can do to get to Heaven outside of calling upon the Lord. He has to see that he is lost before he can get saved.

It's easy to go around and tell people that they need the Lord, but it's another thing to get them to see the condition they are in. Pride often gets in the way and therefore clouds the reality of the condition.

1 comment:

DaCatster said...

What are you doing a paper for? Are you back in school?