Sunday, November 30, 2008

I had a pretty good weekend. I was able to spend time with my whole family at my sister's place in MD. Mom and I made the Thanksgiving meal and it turned out great. Ness had to work on Black Friday. I did not go shopping at all this year. Ness, Jay, and I took an evening stroll through the beautiful park down the road. I went back Saturday morning for a leisurely walk and also had my devotions there. There were many ducks, geese, and swans in the pond.

My car did get fixed, but it wasn't a couple hour job like my dad thought it'd be. It was more of an all day job since the fluid leak happened to be the water pump. The power streering belt was loose as well. Ah, the joys of having a vehicle.

I'm thankful for:
1. My family and friends
2. For God's love even though I don't deserve it
3. Living in America
4. My job
5. My students
6. My church
7. The opportunity to serve Christ
8. Freedom
9. For Jesus Christ dying on the cross for my sins
10. For the abilities God has given me

This is a short list of thanks. God has given me so much. As the Bible says, "Daily He loadeth us with benefits." He truly does if we take the time to notice. It's so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day things that we take for granted.

No comments: